2011年6月17日 星期五

Morel Mushrooms - Tips & Info - Funktified Food #28

Dan is obsessed with morel mushrooms. Every spring about the time that the last of the snow melts and the trillium starts to bloom...he is out in the woods for a couple weeks in search of the elusive morel mushroom! This episode is a chronicle of this year's morel season and includes tips for finding, identifying, transporting, preserving and eating morels. In this video, I try to answer many of the basic questions that I often read on the morel forums. I realize and respect that there are many strong opinions on even the most basic questions regarding morels, but this is how I do it. We are just scratching the surface on information, so feel free to ask questions.
-
In this video, I show the difference between a half-free morel and a poisonous 'false morel' because people often ask the question on the forums. However, many people including myself, choose not to pick the half-free morels at all because the two look very similar and also because the mushroom is so much smaller.




沒有留言: